Showy and long lived, Campanula lactiflora (Milky Bellflower) provides a stately presence in the garden with its tall, multi-branched stems producing hundreds of small lavender or white star-like flowers in open clusters from mid to late summer. Romantic looking, its long-lasting blooms mix superbly with roses and are spectacular additions to the perennial border, whether planted in sweeping drifts or used as a backdrop at the back of the border.
- Easy to grow, disease and pest free, this low care perennial is also deer and rabbit resistant!
- Typically grows in clumps of erect stems, up to 5 feet tall (150 cm) and 3 feet across (180 cm) with ovate to lance-shaped green foliage. It has a tendency to spread rapidly in rich soils.
- Thrives in full sun or part shade in average, medium, well-drained soils. Prefers part shade in warmer climates. Needs regular moisture!
- Ideal for cottage gardens, it is perfect for beds and borders or underplanting.
- Deadhead spent flowers to encourage new blooms and prevent self-seeding