Abies amabilis ‘Spreading Star’ is a low-growing, evergreen conifer forming a widely spreading mound adorned with thick, overlapping, horizontal to arching branches clothed in a lush foliage of fluffy, green, long needles with silvery undersides. Slow-growing, 3-4 in. per year (7-10 cm), this Pacific Silver Fir is a great choice for small gardens or rockeries.
- Grows up to 3 ft. high (90 cm) and 6 ft. wide (180 cm).
- Performs best in full sun or part shade in moist, well-drained soils. Full shade tolerant.
- Perfect for small gardens, rock gardens.
- Virtually disease free. Watch for aphids and adelgids. Easy to grow, easy to care for.
- No pruning required.
- Propagate by seed or grafting