Highly popular, Abies balsamea ‘Nana’ is a dwarf, aromatic, evergreen conifer of globose habit forming a broad mound with numerous short branches, adorned with a lush foliage of dark green needles radially arranged around the stems. Slow-growing, 2-3 in. per year (5-7 cm), this Balsam Fir is a great choice for small gardens or rockeries. Perfect for adding year-round color to the garden.
- Winner of the prestigious Award of Garden Merit of the Royal Horticultural Society for its noteworthy qualities.
- Grows up to 1-2 ft. tall and wide (30-60 cm).
- Performs best in full sun in evenly moist, slightly acidic, well-drained soils. Thrives in cooler summer regions and does not tolerate heat and humidity.
- Perfect for small gardens, rock gardens.
- Virtually disease free. Watch for aphids and adelgids. Easy to grow, easy to care for.
- No pruning required.
- Propagate by seed or grafting