Abies concolor 'Hosta la Vista' is a dwarf evergreen conifer of globose habit, beautifully clothed with long, thick, slightly recurved, blue-green needles adorned with a glaucous, powdery coating. Slow-growing, 1-2 in. per year (2-5 cm), this small White Fir brightens up the garden and makes a lovely addition to small gardens, rockeries or containers.
- Grows up to 18 in. tall and wide (45 cm) after 10 years.
- Performs best in full sun or part shade in rich, slightly acidic, moist, well-drained soils. This tree thrives in areas with long winters followed by cool summer climates.
- Perfect for city gardens, rock gardens or containers.
- Virtually disease free. Watch for aphids and adelgids. Easy to grow, easy to care for and rarely browsed by deer.
- No pruning required.
- Propagate by seed or grafting
- Native to the USA and Mexico.