A miniature White Firm cultivar, Abies concolor 'Piggelmee' is a slow-growing dwarf evergreen conifer with a lovely pale blue foliage. It forms a dense, compact mound with its short branches beautifully covered with short, thick, startling blue needles that brighten up the garden and contrast with the green landscape. This extremely slow-growing conifer adds less than an inch of new growth per year. A very appealing addition for small gardens.
- Grows up to 12 in. high (30 cm) and 24 in. wide (60 cm).
- Performs best in full sun or part shade in rich, slightly acidic, moist, well-drained soils. This tree thrives in areas with long winters followed by cool summer climates.
- Perfect for city gardens, rock gardens or containers.
- Virtually disease free. Watch for aphids and adelgids. Easy to grow, easy to care for and rarely browsed by deer.
- No pruning required.
- Propagate by seed or grafting
- Native to the USA and Mexico.