Abies koreana 'Silberlocke' (Korean Fir) is an evergreen conifer of great beauty. It forms a compact pyramid with particularly attractive dark green needles which curl upwards to display their silvery white undersides. Abundant purple cones are held upright along the branches, creating a lovely contrast against the deep green foliage. A slow grower, 4-6 in. per year (10-15 cm), 'Silberlocke' is a real conversation piece for the garden.
- Winner of the prestigious Award of Garden Merit of the Royal Horticultural Society
- Grows up to 20-30 ft. high (6-9 m) and 10-20 ft. wide (3-6 m).
- Performs best in full sun in rich, slightly acidic, moist, well-drained soils. More tolerant of heat and humidity than most firs but performs best in cooler climates.
- Virtually disease free. Watch for aphids and adelgids. Easy to grow, easy to care for and rarely browsed by deer.
- No pruning required.
- Propagate by seed or grafting