A magnificent Japanese selection, Agave 'Kissho Kan' is an evergreen, perennial succulent forming a perfectly symmetrical rosette of thick, rigid, soft silver-blue to blue-green leaves. The foliage is adorned with creamy white toothed margins and leaf spines, which emerge yellow, change to pale brown before turning dark reddish-brown. Quite compact, ‘Kissho Kan’ is a terrific addition to pots or containers. Mature plants produce offshoots that can be rooted and propagated easily.
- Grows up to 12-15 in. tall (30-37 cm) and 18 in. wide (45 cm).
- Easily grown in sandy or gravelly, dry to medium moisture, well-drained soils in full sun. Tolerates part shade, particularly in hot desert gardens where some shade will prevent scorching of the foliage. Drought tolerant.
- Great for rock gardens and ideal in decorative containers.
- Plant away from foot traffic: the needle-sharp spines on the leaf tips can be a hazard to humans and pets. Don't plant this Agave near paths or walkways
- Attracts hummingbirds and birds but is deer resistant
- Virtually disease free. Watch for scale insects.
- Propagate by offsets
- Use caution, safety glasses, long sleeves, long pants, well covered shoes, and gloves when cutting this plant.