Vigorous and compact, Camellia 'Bonnie Marie' features incredibly pretty, large, semi double to anemone form, 3-4 in. wide (7-10 cm). The elegant twisted pink petals enjoy veins in deeper shade and mixed with the golden stamens. The blooms are profusely produced over a fairly long period extending from early to late season (November to April in the northern hemisphere; April to September in the southern hemisphere). This lovely camellia hybrid forms an attractive bush year-round, with its lustrous foliage of glossy, evergreen, dark green leaves.
- This evergreen shrub enjoys an upright habit and grows up to 8-10 ft. tall (240-300 cm) and 6-8 ft. wide (180-240 cm)
- A part shade lover, this plant is best grown in consistently moist, acidic, organically rich, well-drained soils. Provide a site sheltered from cold, dry winds as buds and flowers may be damaged by cold winds. Protect from early morning sun and from direct hot summer afternoon sun.
- May be attacked by aphids, scale insects and vine weevil
- Mass in mixed shrub borders for dramatic winter blooms. Great flowering shrub for woodland gardens or as screen and hedge. Perfect as A specimen plant and may be effectively grown in tubs or large containers.
- Apply a root mulch (leaves or shredded bark)
- Prune after flowering. Prune to thin branching and to control size and shape.