Highly popular, Chamaecyparis lawsoniana 'Minima Glauca' (Lawson Cypress) is a dwarf, evergreen shrub of broadly globose habit, with lush, densely arranged, vertical sprays of soft blue-green foliage. Slow growing, 2-3 in. (5-7 cm) per year, the small stature of this attractive Lawson Cypress makes it perfect for sunny borders, rock gardens or containers where it adds year-round color and structure.
- Winner of the prestigious Award of Garden Merit of the Royal Horticultural Society for its noteworthy qualities
- Grows up to 24-32 in. tall (60-80 cm) and 18-24 in. wide (45-60 cm) after 10 years.
- A full sun to part shade lover, this plant is easily grown in average, moist, well-drained soils. Tolerant of chalk soils but prefers slightly acidic soil. Protect from strong winds.
- Perfect as a specimen plant, city gardens, cottage gardens, rock gardens or for containers.
- Low maintenance, no pruning required.
- May be affected by honey fungus and Phytophthora root diseases.
- Propagate by grafting and semi-hardwood cuttings
- Native from southern Oregon to northern California