Sparkling like a jewel in the garden, Chamaecyparis lawsoniana 'Minima Silver Threads' (Lawson Cypress) is a dwarf, evergreen shrub of narrow pyramidal habit, with green needlelike foliage adorned with white and golden flecks. Slow growing, 2-4 in. (5-10 cm) per year, the small stature of this attractive Lawson Cypress makes it perfect for small gardens where it adds year-round color and structure.
- Grows up to 3-5 ft. tall (90-150 cm) and 30 in. wide (75 cm) after 10 years.
- A full sun to part shade lover, this plant is easily grown in average, moist, well-drained soils. Tolerant of chalk soils but prefers slightly acidic soil. Protect from strong winds.
- Perfect as a specimen plant, city gardens or cottage gardens.
- Low maintenance, no pruning required.
- May be affected by honey fungus and Phytophthora root diseases.
- Propagate by grafting and semi-hardwood cuttings
- Native from southern Oregon to northern California