Highly popular, award-winning Crassula ovata 'Hummel's Sunset' is an evergreen succulent subshrub with glossy, rounded, fleshy green leaves adorned with golden yellow tips and red edges. The tip's coloration is even more intense during the cooler months of the year. Clusters of small starry white or pale pink flowers bloom in profusion from fall into spring. This Crassula ovata cultivar makes a very pretty bushy shrub. As it ages, the stout gray trunk and sturdy limbs become massive and thick. A great choice for rock gardens or containers.
- Winner of the prestigious Award of Garden Merit of the Royal Horticultural Society
- Grows up to 1-3 ft. tall (30-90 cm) and 1-2 ft. wide (30-60 cm).
- Thrives in average to poor, rocky or sandy, dry, well-drained soils in full sun or partial shade. Best leaf coloration is obtained in full sun. Requires little irrigation and readily survives on modest rainfall alone. Excessive moisture will cause root and stem rot, particularly if soil is not fast draining. This succulent is drought tolerant.
- Perfect for rock gardens, coastal gardens or containers.
- Deer resistant
- Propagate by seed in early spring or stem or leaf cuttings in spring or early summer.
- Virtually disease free. Watch for mealybugs, vine weevil and aphids
- Native to South Africa