Among the most popular Echeverias with florists, 'Perle von Nurnberg' is a small evergreen succulent of breathtaking beauty. It forms a solitary rosette of fleshy, rounded, pointed, pastel gray leaves adorned with purplish-pink highlights. The nicely overlapping leaves are delicately dusted with a fine white powder (pruinose), which adds to the plant's appeal. Over time, the rosette grows up on a slender stem. This variety is one of the most prolific echeverias, often sending up 5 or 6 flowering spikes of coral pink flowers per year. 'Perle von Nurnberg' is highly valued in floral arrangements, wedding bouquets or containers.
- Winner of the prestigious Award of Garden Merit of the Royal Horticultural Society
- Grows up to 8-10 in. tall (20-25 cm) and 6-8 in. wide (15-20 cm).
- Easily grown in sandy, well-drained soils in sun or partial shade. Best color is obtained in full sun. Indoors, provide bright light. Once established, needs only occasional water during the hot season. Keep almost dry in the winter. Rejuvenate every 3-4 years in early spring by clipping and re-rooting rosettes.
- Perfect for containers where spectacular floral arrangements can be created, wedding bouquets.
- Virtually disease free. Watch for mealybugs, vine weevil and aphids
- Propagate by stem or leaf cuttings in spring or early summer. Separate offsets in spring
- Native to Mexico