Echeveria 'Purple Pearl' is an eye-catching evergreen succulent forming a large rosette, 12 in. across (30 cm), of fleshy, slightly rounded, pointed, olive green to lavender-rose leaves adorned with pink edges. The more sun, the more rosy color. This variety sends up 1 ft. tall (30 cm) flowering spikes of coral pink flowers in summer. 'Purple Pearl' is highly valued in floral arrangements, wedding bouquets or containers.
- Grows up to 6 in. tall (15 cm) and 12 in. wide (30 cm).
- Easily grown in sandy, well-drained soils in sun or partial shade. Best color is obtained in sun. Indoors, provide bright light. Once established, needs only occasional water during the hot season. Keep almost dry in the winter. Rejuvenate every 3-4 years in early spring by clipping and re-rooting rosettes.
- Perfect for containers where spectacular floral arrangements can be created, wedding bouquets.
- Virtually disease free. Watch for mealybugs, vine weevil and aphids
- Propagate by stem or leaf cuttings in spring or early summer. Separate offsets in spring
- Native to Mexico