Extraordinarily eye-catching, Echeveria agavoides 'Lipstick' is a small evergreen succulent forming crisp rosettes of fleshy, sharp-pointed, bright green leaves adorned with vibrant crimson margins. Reminiscent of an Agave, each leaf is tipped with a small spine (hence the name). This Echeveria produces offsets very freely, which hug the mother rosette, adding to its appeal. In the spring and early summer, a flowering spike bearing red flowers with yellow tips is on display. The more sun this Echeveria gets, the more conspicuous its red edges. A great choice for sunny gardens or containers.
- Grows up to 6 in. tall (15 cm) and 8-12 in. wide (20-30 cm).
- Easily grown in rocky, well-drained soils in sun or partial shade. Indoors, provide bright light. Once established, requires occasional water during the hot season. Divide clumps every 2 to 3 years in early spring.
- Perfect for rock gardens, containers where spectacular floral arrangements can be created.
- Virtually disease free. Watch for mealybugs, vine weevil and aphids
- Propagate by stem or leaf cuttings in spring or early summer. Separate offsets in spring
- Native to Mexico