Fast growing, award-winning Echeveria runyonii 'Topsy Turvy' is an evergreen succulent with stemless rosettes (4 in. wide or 10 cm) of waxy, spoon-shaped, powdery blue-gray leaves which are interestingly rolled downwards along their length, and curled up so that the tips point toward the centre of the plant. In late summer or fall, it sends up 8 in. tall (20 cm) arching stems which bear star-shaped, yellow and orange flowers. This Echeveria offsets readily and will form a dense carpet of rosettes over time. A great choice as groundcover, for rock gardens, green roofs or containers.
- Winner of the prestigious Award of Garden Merit of the Royal Horticultural Society
- Grows up to 8-12 in. tall and wide (20-20 cm).
- Easily grown in sandy, dry to medium moisture, well-drained soils in sun or partial shade. This succulent is drought tolerant, but does best with an occasional watering. Do not water when dormant. Fertilize sparingly to stop excessive growth
- Perfect as groundcover, for rock gardens, green roofs or containers.
- Deer resistant
- Virtually disease free. Watch for mealybugs, vine weevil and aphids
- Separate offsets in spring
- Native to Mexico