Noted for its long flowering season, Geranium 'Elke' (Cranesbill) is an eye-catching, mat-forming, spreading perennial with upward-facing, strong pink flowers with a small white eye and a pale outer edge to the petals. Blooming from late spring to late summer, the almost fluorescent blossoms rise above a foliage of finely dissected, dark green leaves, that turns bronzy-red in fall. This hardy Geranium is more or less evergreen in mild winter climates. Easy to grow, Geranium 'Elke' provides long-lasting color in the garden.
- Grows up to 10-12 in. in height (25-30 cm) and 12-18 in. in spread (30-45 cm)
- Performs best in full sun or part shade in well-drained soils. This plant is not fussy about soils provided they are well-drained. Drought tolerant once established.
- Generally deer and rabbit resistant, this Geranium is attractive to butterflies!
- A great addition to beds and borders,cottage gardens, rock gardens. Perfect as a ground cover, underplanting roses and shrubs, banks and slopes or as edging plant.
- Requires very little maintenance and is generally not subject to serious pest or disease issues. May be occasionally affected by vine weevil, capsid bug, sawflies and powdery mildews
- Remove flowered stems and old leaves to encourage the production of fresh leaves and flowers.
- Propagate by division in spring or propagate by basal cuttings in early to mid spring and root with bottom heat