A long-flowering variety, Geranium pyrenaicum 'Bill Wallis' (Cranesbill) is a sprawling perennial which produces a great profusion of vivid purple-blue flowers with deeply notched petals. The blossoms are held above the evergreen foliage of small, rounded, lobed leaves. They will keep their bright color and will not fade away if you forget to water them. This Cranesbill is a perfect addition to rock gardens or borders.
- Blooming from late spring to fall, this hardy geranium is reliable and easy to grow.
- Grows up to 18 in. tall (45 cm) and spreads up to 24 in. (60 cm). This Geranium seeds readily and will fill in bare spots.
- Performs best in full sun or part shade, in average, light to medium moisture, well-drained soils. Drought and heat tolerant once established.
- Attractive to butterflies, but deer and rabbit resistant!
- Great addition to beds and borders, underplanting shrubs and roses. Perfect for rock gardens, cottage gardens or containers. Effective ground cover.
- Watch for vine weevil, sawflies, powdery mildew or downy mildew
- Remove flowered stems and old leaves to encourage the production of fresh leaves and flowers.
- Propagate by division between autumn and early spring or cut back plants after flowering in summer then divide, replant and water well