Compact and vigorous, Helleborus 'Angel Glow' is a first year blooming Hellebore. It features pretty clusters of 6-9 pink buds opening to pale pink flowers that fade delicately to light green as they age. Blooming heavily for weeks from mid winter to early spring, these charming beauties rise on sturdy, thick stems above the leathery, blue-green, evergreen foliage. Showy and long-lasting, ideal to brighten the shade garden!
- Grows in a bushy, upright clump, up to 12-16 in. tall (30-40 cm) and 8-12 in. across (20-30 cm). This perennial will self-seed in satisfactory growing conditions.
- Performs best in part shade to full shade, in rich, humusy, moist, alkaline, well-drained soils. Lenten Roses are very tolerant and will grow well in most soils as long as the ground is not extremely dry or stagnantly waterlogged. Select a sheltered site to protect them from cold winter winds. Deer resistant!
- Easy to grow, this plant is a welcomed addition to shady borders, containers, under trees or large shrubs, woodland gardens or naturalized areas. Plant in groups for best visual impact. Lovely groundcover when massed
- Virtually disease and pest free but watch for slugs and aphids.
- Remove faded flowers stems (unless you require seed) to promote new growth and for a neat appearance.
- Ingestion may cause severe discomfort; skin irritant.