Helleborus ‘Blushing Bridesmaid’ is a Lenten Rose with large, double white flowers, 2 in. across (5 cm), adorned with raspberry pink veining and picotee edge. Blooming heavily in early to mid spring, these nodding beauties rise on sturdy stems and contrast well with the glossy, dark green, evergreen foliage. Showy and long-lasting, this Lenten Rose provides year round interest and is ideal to brighten areas of dappled shade under deciduous trees and shrubs!
This Hellebore belongs to the Wedding Party Series, which is noted for its double flowered selections, available in numerous, beautiful color shades.
- Grows in a bushy, upright clump, up to 18-24 in. tall (45-60 cm) and 24 in. wide (60 cm).
- Performs best in partial shade to full shade, in rich, humusy, moist, alkaline, well-drained soils. Lenten Roses are very tolerant and will grow well in most soils as long as the ground is not extremely dry or stagnantly waterlogged. Select a sheltered site to protect them from cold winter winds. Deer resistant!
- Easy to grow, this plant is a welcomed addition to shady borders, containers, under trees or large shrubs, woodland gardens or naturalized areas. Plant in groups for best visual impact. Lovely groundcover when massed
- Virtually disease and pest free, but watch for slugs and aphids.
- Remove faded flower stems (unless you require seed) to promote new growth and for a neat appearance.
- Ingestion may cause severe discomfort; skin irritant.