Exceptionally pretty, Helleborus × hybridus 'Party Dress Pink' (Hellebore) features large (2-3 in. wide, 5-8 cm), fully double, ruffled and frilled, pink blossoms that resemble a girl's fancy dress. Blooming heavily for weeks from late winter to early spring, these charming and dainty beauties rise on sturdy, thick stems above the leathery, glossy, evergreen or semi-evergreen foliage. Showy and long-lasting, ideal to brighten the shade garden!
- Grows in a bushy, upright clump, up to 12-18 in. tall (30-45 cm) and 24 in. across (60 cm). This perennial will self-seed in satisfactory growing conditions.
- Performs best in part shade to full shade, in rich, humusy, moist, alkaline, well-drained soils. Lenten Roses are very tolerant and will grow well in most soils as long as the ground is not extremely dry or stagnantly waterlogged. Select a sheltered site to protect them from cold winter winds. Deer resistant!
- Easy to grow, this plant is a welcomed addition to shady borders, containers, under trees or large shrubs, woodland gardens or naturalized areas. Plant in groups for best visual impact. Lovely groundcover when massed
- Virtually disease and pest free but watch for slugs and aphids.
- Remove faded flowers stems (unless you require seed) to promote new growth and for a neat appearance.
- Ingestion may cause severe discomfort; skin irritant.