A member of the Gold Collection®, Helleborus x nigercors 'HGC Green Corsican' is a gorgeous Lenten Rose with large, single, creamy white flowers adorned with crowns of showy golden-yellow stamens. As they mature, the blooms gradually turn fresh green as they wither. Unlike most hellebores, the flowers face outward attracting interest. They are borne on short stems and rise above the evergreen foliage of leathery, dark green, palm-like leaves. An early spring bloomer, with blooms appearing as early as February, 'HGC Green Corsican' results from a cross between two European species, Helleborus niger (Christmas Rose) and Helleborus argutifolius (Corsican Hellebore). A very desirable Hellebore that is tough, very floriferous and perfect to brighten the shade garden!
- Grows in a bushy, upright clump, up to 12-18 in. tall and wide (30-45 cm). This perennial will self-seed in satisfactory growing conditions.
- Performs best in part shade to full shade, in rich, humusy, moist, alkaline, well-drained soils. Lenten Roses are very tolerant and will grow well in most soils as long as the ground is not extremely dry or stagnantly waterlogged. Select a sheltered site to protect them from cold winter winds. Deer resistant!
- Easy to grow, this plant is a welcomed addition to shady borders, containers, under trees or large shrubs, woodland gardens or naturalized areas. Plant in groups for best visual impact. Lovely groundcover when massed
- Virtually disease and pest free but watch for slugs and aphids.
- Remove faded flowers stems (unless you require seed) to promote new growth and for a neat appearance.
- Ingestion may cause severe discomfort; skin irritant.