Delightfully fragrant, Lonicera periclymenum 'Peaches and Cream' (Honeysuckle) is a compact, deciduous vine with masses of large, funnel-shaped, creamy white and pink flowers. Opening from purple buds, they are produced in succession from early to late summer. This floriferous honeysuckle enjoys a lush foliage of oval, dark green leaves throughout the growing season. Heat, drought, humidity tolerant, it is also disease resistant. This hardy climber is a wonderful addition to summer gardens, especially when trained up a trellis, fence, lamp post, arbor or obelisk.
- Grows up to 5-6 ft. tall (150-180 cm) and 2-3 ft. wide (60-90 cm)
- A part shade lover, this plant is best grown in average, moist, well-drained soils. Tolerates full sun. Adapts to a wide range of soils, including clay soil, dry soil, but prefers moist, loamy soils.
- Excellent choice for trellises or as a groundcover.
- Low maintenance, this plant is deer resistant and generally pest and disease free.
- Minimal pruning is required. Prune to shape in the fall.
- Propagate by layering, hardwood cuttings or semi-hardwood cuttings