Lonicera sempervirens 'Blanche Sandman' (Trumpet Honeysuckle) is a semi-evergreen climber with masses of orange-red tubular flowers that open to reveal bright yellow throats. Produced in succession from late spring to fall, they eventually give way to small, bright red berries. Magnets for hummingbirds, the cheerful blossoms contrast nicely with the semi-evergreen foliage of blue-green leaves. Although not fragrant, this honeysuckle makes still is a lovely garden plant. It will happily cover walls, fences or pergolas for a pretty floral display.
- Grows up to 10-20 ft. tall (300-600 cm) and 3-6 ft. wide (90-180 cm)
- A full sun lover, this plant is best grown in average, medium moisture, well-drained soils. Tolerates some shade, but best flower production is in full sun..
- Excellent choice for covering walls, fences, trellises, pergolas .
- Low maintenance, this plant is generally pest and disease free.
- Prune after flowering.
- Propagate by layering, hardwood cuttings or semi-hardwood cuttings