Anemone blanda 'Blue Star' is a very attractive tuberous perennial that provides drifts of large, intense blue flowers, up to 2.5 in. across (6 cm). Blooming in mid spring, these daisies are a delight and seem to last for weeks. They show off over the finely cut fernlike foliage and spread out to form a terrific carpet of flowers. Ideal to plant in quantity along paths and borders, even under shade trees. For sheer spring joy, plant a few!
- Winter hardy, this low-growing perennial grows up to only 6-9 inches tall (15-22 cm).
- Extremely popular due to its early and massive flowering and ability to naturalize easily. Grecian Windflowers are going to multiply and continue to appear in spring for years and years to come.
- Should be planted in fall, ideally in partial shade areas, and in a moist soil. Will also grow in full sun provided the soil remains moist.
- Forming a lovely, colorful mat, especially under or around woody trees and shrubs which are still bare during the time of the anemones' flowering period. Anemones are actually a must for spots among perennials. Plant them preferably in groups of at least 20.
- Great choice for woodland paths, rock gardens, beds by setting them in front of taller plants, or containers. Deer and rabbit resistant!
- Anemone blanda goes dormant after flowering.