A reliable and tall Astilbe variety, Astilbe 'Bressingham Beauty' (Astilbe x arendsii) features graceful, arching plumes of salmon-pink flowers rising elegantly above fern-like mounds of deep green foliage. Sparkling in the shade, each plume consists of hundreds of densely packed tiny flowers, each opening in succession, providing a long season of bloom in early - mid summer. Long-lasting, the flower plumes turn a rich caramel color which provides winter interest to the garden.
- Relatively trouble-free, this Astilbe requires little maintenance, is heavy shade tolerant, attracts butterflies, but is deer and rabbit resistant! The perfect perennial for a shady border with dappled light!
- Compact and upright, this Arendsii Hybrid Astilbe grows up to 36 in. tall (90 cm) and spreads 24-30 in. (60-75 cm). The refined, fern-like foliage remains attractive all season long (under satisfactory growing conditions).
- Part shade to full shade lover, this Astilbe thrives in organically rich, evenly moist, well drained soils. Don't let the soil dry out! Mulch should be added to reduce water evaporation and maintain moisture.
- May be planted in full sun in areas with cool summers with adequate moisture. In hot summer areas, shade is important.
- Provides a spectacular flower show, whether planted in perennial borders, woodlands, by streams, ponds or in containers. Plant in groups for better visual effect. Excellent ground cover or edging plant for shady areas.
- Plumes make excellent fresh cuts or for drying in natural bouquets
- No deadheading is required unless you do not like the look of the faded flower stalks. If allowed to remain, the dried seedheads will provide additional interest later in the season. Should be divided about every 4 years to assure the maximum number of blooms.