Compact and free-flowering, Crocosmia 'Bright Eyes' features clumps of erect, bright green, sword-shaped leaves and brilliant sprays of large, upright or front facing, bright-orange flowers with a contrasting scarlet-red eye. In mid through late summer, each stem bears about 8-12 buds which provide a stunning floral display. They attract hummingbirds like no other. 'Bright Eyes' is sterile and will flower prolifically without throwing inferior self sown seedlings.
- Great perennial for the late season garden as it provides weeks of vibrant colors when many other perennials are starting to fade.
- Resembling the foliage of sword-lilies, Crocosmia's narrow, bladed leaves also provide interesting vertical accents in the borders.
- Grows up to 18-24 in. tall (45-60 cm) with a spread of 12-18 in. (30-45 cm) and begins to produce its lovely blossoms in the summer.
- Excellent border plant providing color and contrast to the perennial border. It looks spectacular in front of green conifers, among dark leaved dahlias and cannas or next to blue-flowering plants such as Agapanthus (Lily of the Nile), Aconitum (Monkshood) or Echinops (Globe Thistle). Should be planted in clumps of 12 or more.
- May be grown in containers - make sure you select a large pot with drainage holes. Makes wonderful cut flowers and will last up to 2 weeks in a vase.
- Easily grown in moderately fertile, humus-rich soil that is moist but well-drained. Thrives in full sun or partial shade where it will multiply rapidly and readily.
- Tolerant of summer heat and humidity, it is also drought tolerant (once established), salt tolerant, deer and rabbit resistant.