Dahlia 'Jowey Winnie' features lovely soft salmon-pink flowers contrasting beautifully with the dark green foliage. The impressive fully double flowers, up to 4 in. wide (10 cm), look great among late summer flowering asters and tall grasses. Blooming massively from midsummer until frost, this adorable dahlia grows up to 40 in. tall (100 cm) and is an excellent choice to create a lovely garden display or for showing.
- Best flowering occurs in full sun, but light shade will be welcomed in hot summer areas.
- Provide consistent moisture during the growing season and do not allow soils dry out. Plant in a sheltered location to protect your dahlias from strong winds.
- Best in groups of 5 for best visual effect. Deadhead spent flowers to promote growth of additional flower buds.
- If you live in a cool area (hardiness zones 3-7) and you want to save your dahlia bulbs, or more precisely, your dahlia tubers for next spring, you may dig them up before the first frost and store them over winter before replanting them next spring. Store them in boxes, covered with moistened sand in a cool, dark, frost-free place where temperature remains between 45-50 °F (7-10°C).
- This Dahlia is a member of the Ball Dahlias which have fully double blooms, either ball-shaped or slightly flattened. The ray florets are blunt or rounded at the tips, with margins spirally arranged and involute for at least 75% of the length of the florets. They make real eye-catchers!