Born from burgundy buds, Helleborus x ballardiae 'HGC Pink Frost' (Hellebore) features saucer-shaped soft pink blossoms which delicately mature to deep rose, creating attractive combinations of creamy-white, pink and rose shades. Thanks to a high bud count, 'Pink Frost' blooms heavily for weeks from late winter to early spring. Outward facing, the flowers rise on burgundy stems above the leathery, glossy, silver-veined, evergreen foliage. Showy and long-lasting, this vigorous and floriferous Hellebore is ideal to brighten the shade garden!
- Grows in a bushy, upright clump, up to 12-15 in. tall (30-37 cm) and 12-18 in. across (30-45 cm). This perennial will self-seed in satisfactory growing conditions.
- Performs best in sun to partial shade, in rich, humusy, moist, alkaline, well-drained soils. Lenten Roses are very tolerant and will grow well in most soils as long as the ground is not extremely dry or stagnantly waterlogged. Select a sheltered site to protect them from cold winter winds. Deer resistant!
- Easy to grow, this plant is a welcomed addition to shady borders, containers, under trees or large shrubs, woodland gardens or naturalized areas. Plant in groups for best visual impact. Lovely groundcover when massed
- Virtually disease and pest free but watch for slugs and aphids.
- Remove faded flowers stems (unless you require seed) to promote new growth and for a neat appearance.
- Ingestion may cause severe discomfort; skin irritant.