Extremely compact, Heuchera 'Blondie' is a lovely miniature Coral Bells with a rich caramel foliage of lobed, rounded leaves. In late spring to late summer, abundant panicles of small, bell-shaped, creamy yellow flowers bloom on short stems (up to 20 at a time!), just above the evergreen foliage. A terrific choice for adding a touch of color in the rock garden, perennial border, along paths or in containers.
- This clump-forming perennial forms basal mounds, up to 5-9 in. tall (12-22 cm) with a spread of 8 in. (20 cm). It is a sturdy performer that is not only easy to grow, but also requires little maintenance and is pest and disease free!
- Performs best in part shade to full shade, in rich, humusy, medium moisture, well-drained soils. If grown in full sun, make sure the soil remains consistently moist or the foliage might decline. Thrives in dry shade, once established.
- It is attractive to butterflies and often ignored by deer.
- A spectacular addition to beds, borders, rock gardens, woodland gardens and is ideal in containers. Fabulous when planted in groups!
- Divide clumps in spring every 3-4 years.
- Remove stems of faded flowers to promote additional bloom. Apply winter mulch after the ground freezes to help prevent root heaving.