One of the first varieties of Coral Bells to retain its shimmering purple leaves throughout summer, Heuchera 'Plum Royale' sports a lovely foliage of large, deeply cut, ruffled plum-purple leaves with silver overtones in winter. The more sun this Heuchera gets, the more intense its purple coloration. Its pretty leaves combine extremely well with a wide range of colors and help create wonderful plant combinations in gardens or containers.
- In early summer, masses of small, bell-shaped, pale pinkish white flowers bloom on dark stems rising up to 16 in. (40 cm) above the semi-evergreen foliage. This Heuchera is prized by gardeners for its drought, heat and humidity tolerance.
- This clump-forming perennial forms basal mounds, up to 10 in. tall (25 cm) with a spread of 14 in. (35 cm). This sturdy performer is not only easy to grow, but also requires little maintenance and is virtually pest and disease free!
- Performs best in part shade, in rich, humusy, medium moisture, well-drained soils. If grown in full sun, make sure the soil remains consistently moist or the foliage might decline. Thrives in dry shade, once established. It is attractive to butterflies and often ignored by deer.
- A spectacular addition to beds, borders, rock gardens, woodland gardens and is ideal as groundcover, edger along paths or in containers. Fabulous when planted in groups!
- Divide clumps in spring every 3-4 years.
- Remove stems of faded flowers to promote additional bloom. Apply winter mulch after the ground freezes to help prevent root heaving.