A lovely, compact variegated hosta, 'June' (Plantain Lily) is a great addition to shady areas where it forms an attractive, dense mound of smooth, heart-shaped, blue-green leaves, irregularly splashed with bright yellow and greenish yellow in their centers. Bell-shaped lavender blooms appear in late summer, rising on scapes 18 in. long (45 cm) but the primary contribution of this hosta is its lovely foliage.
- Easy grower, this clump-forming perennial grows 15 in. tall (37 cm) and spreads 28 in. (70 cm).
- Recipient of the prestigious Award of Garden Merit of the Royal Horticultural Society
- A part shade to full shade lover, it is best grown in rich, moist, well-drained soils. Quite sun tolerant with adequate moisture, this plant is not fussy about soils and tolerates a wide range of conditions.
- Perfect for the shade gardens, mixed with other perennials, in coastal gardens, city or cottage gardens, as groundcover or underplanting shrubs.
- Watch for slugs and snails which could damage the attractive foliage.
- Cut off the stems after blooming to encourage the plant's growth. Discolored leaves should be trimmed back to the ground.