Rosa 'Gruss an Aachen' is a small, bushy, polyantha rose with attractive clusters of slightly fragrant, fully double (over 40 petals), rosette-shaped flowers, up to 3 in. across (7 cm). They open warm pink with peach tones and mature to creamy white. Truly beautiful, the blooms are produced in great quantities throughout summer until frost. They are nicely complimented by a healthy foliage of dark green, glossy leaves. Bushy and vigorous, this rounded, small shrub is terrific for beds and borders. Disease resistant.
- Its noteworthy qualities have earned it the Award of Garden Merit of the Royal Horticultural Society
- Grows up to 1-2 ft. tall (30-60 cm) and 2-3 ft. wide (60-90 cm).
- Best grown in full sun in rich, fertile with adequate moisture, well-drained soils. For best flowering apply a balanced fertilizer and mulch in late winter or early spring and a balanced fertilizer again in early summer.
- Propagate by semi-ripe cuttings in late summer or hardwood cuttings in autumn, or by chip budding in summer
- Bred by L. Wilhelm Hinner (Germany, before 1909)