Award-winning Rosa 'Summer Wine' is a vigorous medium-sized climber which produces very fragrant, single, coral-pink flowers adorned with golden centers and striking red anthers. The large blossoms, 4 in. wide (10 cm), count 8-10 petals. Blooming continuously throughout the summer, they stand out against the foliage of lustrous, glossy, dark green leaves. This heirloom climbing rose is perfect for covering walls, arbors, fences or other garden structures. Plant it where you will be able to enjoy its perfume daily: near a doorway, along a path, near your patio or deck. Good disease resistance
- Winner of the prestigious Award of Garden Merit of the Royal Horticultural Society
- Grows up to 10 feet tall (300 cm) and 6 ft. wide (180 cm).
- Best grown in full sun, in rich, fertile, moist, well-drained soils. For best flowering apply a balanced fertilizer and mulch in late winter or early spring and a balanced fertilizer again in early summer
- Propagate by hardwood cuttings in autumn or by chip budding in summer
- Bred by Reimer Kordes in 1985