Unique and eye-catching, award-winner Sedum nussbaumerianum (Coppertone Stonecrop) is a low growing, evergreen, perennial subshrub with attractive rosettes of thick pointed leaves, about 2 in. (5 cm) long at maturity. Yellow-green in partial shade, the leaves turn rosy-gold to bright coppery red in full sun. Round clusters of slightly scented white starry flowers with pink anthers appear in spring. A great choice for the rock or succulent garden or in a decorative container or hanging basket.
- Recipient of the Award of Garden Merit of the Royal Horticultural Society
- Easy to grow, this standout perennial forms a compact, trailing groundcover which grows up to 8 in. tall (20 cm) and 2-3 ft. wide (60-90 cm).
- Excellent for rock gardens, succulent gardens or Mediterranean gardens. Perfect for containers where spectacular floral arrangements can be created.
- Best grown in full sun, in dry, well-drained soils. Tolerates light shade, but best color is obtained in the sun. Irrigate little to occasionally.
- Cut back stems and re-root when plants become too leggy.
- Drought and heat tolerant once established.
- Low maintenance, this Sedum forgives neglect!
- Native to Mexico