Award-winning Tulip 'World Expression' is a gorgeous tulip with large creamy-yellow blossoms adorned with narrow, scarlet red flames. As the blooms mature, the petals fade to ivory-white and the flames deepen to blood-red. Blooming in late spring, this elegant member of the Single Late Tulips group enjoys a sturdy, long stem that will withstand wind and rain!
- Growing up to 22-24 in. tall (55-60 cm), this tulip creates dazzling harmonies with other late season flowering bulbs.
- Recipient of the prestigious Award of Garden Merit of the Royal Horticultural Society
- Performs best in full sun in rich, fertile, medium moisture, well-drained soils. Prefers areas with cool winters and warm dry summers.
- Easy to grow, this tulip is a welcomed addition to beds, borders, containers. For best visual impact, plant in groups (at least 10 to 15 bulbs) or mixed with any other flowering bulbs. Excellent as cut flowers!
- To be ;planted in fall.
- Eating may cause severe discomfort and may cause a skin allergy.
A symbol of spring, tulips are the most popular spring bulbs and most gardeners reserve them a spot in the garden or in containers. Grown for their attractive, vibrantly colored flowers, there are currently over 3,000 registered varieties, which are divided into fifteen groups, mostly based on the flower type, size and blooming period of the tulip.
Single late Tulips include cup- or goblet-shaped flowers and are among the tallest tulips with the Darwin Tulips with a height ranging from 22 - 30 in. (55 - 75 cm) on sturdy stems. Single late tulips can be found in almost any color related to tulips, including some extremely unusual bicolored varieties. Blooming in late spring, Single late tulips make first-class cut flowers.