Noted for its cold hardiness, heat, drought and mildew tolerance, Verbena peruviana 'EnduraScape Red' is a trailing Verbena with profuse clusters of bright cardinal-red flowers over a long season. Blooming continuously from summer to frost, the blossoms are so profuse that they literally smother the foliage of toothed leaves, creating a spectacular floral display. Perfect for the front of the border or as spillers in combination planters, this compact Verbena enjoys a strong garden performance. Attractive to butterflies, the flowers are ignored by hungry deer.
- Grows up to 8-12 in. tall (20-30 cm) and spreading up to 18-24 in. wide (45-60 cm).
- This Verbena is a perennial that is hardy to zone 7 but may be grown as an annual in cooler climates.
- Thrives in full sun, in average, well-drained soils. Tolerates dry soils and lower fertility. Normally either an application of slow release fertilizer or amending with compost is enough to keep the plant happy.
- Perfectly suited for use as ground covers, edging plants, containers and hanging baskets, from which their flower-laden stems cascade spectacularly.
- While naturally well branched, trimming this plant back will encourage additional branching, fuller plants, and ultimately more flowers.