Dramatic-looking, Calla Lily 'Night Cap' (Zantedeschia) features striking, dark-purple to nearly black, chalice-shaped flowers (spathes), aging to a deep wine red. Every single waxy flower is surrounded by elegant, arrow-shaped, dark green leaves. Very floriferous and long-lasting, the elegant blossoms are on display for weeks from summer to fall.
- Rising elegantly on sturdy stems, this Calla Lily will grow up to 16-20 in. (40-50 cm).
- Spectacular effect when planted in drifts through beds and borders. Great for containers too!
- Performs best in full sun to partial shade in moist and well-drained soil.
- Deer and rabbit resistant.
- All parts may cause severe discomfort if ingested. The sap may irritate skin and eyes.
Native to South Africa, Calla Lilies deserve a spot in the garden or at home. Whether used in borders, containers or as cut flowers, they always provide a spectacular effect with their rich, cheerful colors and their breathtaking trumpet-shaped flowers (spathe) surrounding a yellow finger-like stalk (spadix). And they are so easy to grow! With very little work needed, they will burst into bloom and add bright notes of summer color to the garden, or to your pots inside your home.