Early Summer - Inspiring Garden Ideas for All Gardeners
Early summer is an exciting time in the garden. As temperatures rise, flowers bloom, and the greenery flourishes. Here are some inspiring ideas for your garden in early summer:
- Add a Burst of Color: Early summer is an ideal time to introduce vibrant annuals and perennials to your garden. Consider adding plants like peonies, roses, lupines, and delphiniums that bloom in early summer for a vibrant color display.
- Create a Pollinator Garden: Attract bees, butterflies, and other pollinators to your garden by planting pollinator-friendly plants. A variety of herbs and flowers, such as lavender, sage, and bee balm, are great choices.
- Plant Edibles: Early summer is the perfect time to plant heat-loving vegetables like tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, and eggplants. Also, consider adding herbs like basil and cilantro for a fresh supply in your kitchen.
- Design a Shady Retreat: As temperatures rise, create a cool, shaded area in your garden. This could be under a large tree, or you might install a pergola or gazebo. Decorate this space with shade-loving plants like ferns and hostas.
- Water Features: Consider adding a water feature, like a fountain or a small pond. Not only will it create a calming ambiance, but it also helps attract wildlife to your garden.
- Brighten Up Your Outdoor Spaces: Use early summer flowering plants in containers and hanging baskets to brighten your patios, balconies, or entranceways.
With these tips, you can transform your garden into a vibrant, welcoming outdoor space to enjoy throughout the early summer.