Fall - The Best Plants to Grow in Your Garden
As the weather begins to cool and the days grow shorter, the fall season brings a unique beauty. One of the season’s highlights is the colorful fall foliage display, with trees and shrubs showing off a range of hues from bright yellows to deep reds.
But the beauty of the season doesn’t stop with the changing leaves. Fall flowers also add a burst of color to gardens and landscapes.
- Chrysanthemums, or “mums,” are classic fall flowers available in various colors such as yellow, orange, pink, and purple.
- Asters are another popular choice, with their daisy-like blooms in shades of blue, pink, and purple.
- Sedum is a great option for gardens, with its clusters of tiny flowers turning from pink to rust to bronze as the season progresses.
- Goldenrod is a vibrant yellow flower that blooms in late summer and early fall, attracting bees and butterflies.
- Autumn crocus, also known as meadow saffron, boasts delicate, cup-shaped flowers in shades of pink, white, or purple.
Fall colors can also be incorporated into seasonal decor, such as arrangements of brightly colored leaves, gourds, and pumpkins. The warm hues of flowers and foliage create a cozy and inviting atmosphere, perfect for welcoming in the cooler temperatures and shorter days of the season.