Vigorous, award-winning Echeveria derenbergii (Painted Lady) is an evergreen succulent with small rosettes, 3 in. wide (7 cm), of fleshy, triangular-shaped, dusky blue-gray leaves adorned with red margins. In late winter to summer, it sends up pink-red stems which bear cup-shaped yellow flowers with painted red tips. The blooms make a bright contrast to the muted palette of leaves. This Echeveria offsets readily and will form a dense carpet of rose-like rosettes over time. A great choice for rock gardens or containers.
- Winner of the prestigious Award of Garden Merit of the Royal Horticultural Society
- Grows up to 4 in. tall (10 cm) and will spread to 12-36 in. wide (30-90 cm).
- Easily grown in sandy, dry to medium moisture, well-drained soils in full sun or partial sun. This succulent is drought tolerant, but does best with an occasional watering. Do not water when dormant. Fertilize sparingly to stop excessive growth
- Perfect for rock gardens or containers.
- Deer resistant
- Virtually disease free. Watch for mealybugs, vine weevil and aphids
- Propagate by stem or leaf cuttings in spring or early summer. Separate offsets in spring
- Native to Mexico