Easy to grow, low care and incredibly good-looking, Spanish Bluebell (Hyacinthoides hispanica) is a great bulbous perennial to have! Each bulb produces attractive, nodding, bell-shaped flowers hanging from sturdy, round flower stalks, atop clumps of glossy strap-shaped leaves.
- Blooming heartily from mid to late spring, Spanish Bluebell is a beautiful and reliable addition to the landscape, where it will happily multiply in optimum growing conditions.
- Depending on cultivars, Spanish Bluebells exist in shades of violet-blue, lavender- blue, pink or white. It typically forms spreading clumps up to 12-18 in tall and wide (30-45 cm).
- Easy to grow, this plant is rarely affected by pests or diseases and is resistant to deer and rodents! Just plant it and forget about it!
- Plant in average, moist, well-drained soils in partial shade or full shade. While full sun will promote flowering, be aware that the lovely colors of the blossoms may fade. Tolerates drought and dry sandy soils.
- This charming naturalizer provides color and contrast to the woodland garden, beds, borders, rock gardens and naturalized areas. Spectacular when planted in large drifts. May be grown in pots or containers, and combines beautifully with other flowering bulbs or perennials. Excellent filler for empty annual beds. Great as cut flowers too!
- Eating may cause severe discomfort