Geum 'Borisii' is a low-growing, clump-forming, herbaceous perennial boasting a profusion of brilliant orange, cup-shaped, single flowers, 1.5 in. across (4 cm), adorned with prominent yellow stamens. Blooming in late spring to mid summer, they are borne on slender, branching stems rising above the lush foliage mound of irregularly lobed, medium green leaves. The blooms give way to attractive, fluffy seed heads. Vigorous, compact and long blooming, this eye-catching avens will quickly form a showy flower carpet. Perfect for cottage gardens or rock gardens.
- Grows up to 6-12 in. tall and wide (15-30 cm cm).
- Enjoys full sun to part shade in average, medium moisture, well-drained soils. Moist, fertile soils are preferred. Needs afternoon shade in hot, humid climates.
- Excellent in perennial borders, butterfly gardens, rock gardens or cottage gardens. Well suited to containers too! Very useful and adaptable in the garden, it is easy to grow.
- Deer and rabbit resistant, it is a real magnet for butterflies, hummingbirds and bees!
- No serious pest or disease problems. May occasionally be attacked by sawfly larvae
- Remove spent flower stems to promote further blooms and cut back after flowering is over.
- Propagate by seed in pots in a cold frame in winter or propagate by division in spring or fall