Flowering in late winter to early spring, the Spring Snowflake (Leucojum vernum) generally appears at the same time as the snowdrops (Galanthus). Each flower stem usually carries a solitary lightly scented flower, white with green spots on its tepals, and rises above elongated, strap-shaped, glossy green leaves.
- Rising up to 8 - 10 inches (20 - 25 cm), this white beauty is an easy grower, naturalizes well and will multiply over time. It tolerates boggy spots and will do well on the edges of natural ponds.
- Awarded the prestigious Award of Garden Merit by the Royal Horticultural Society
- Easily grown in organically rich, medium moisture, well-drained soils in full sun to part shade.
- Lovely in beds, borders, rock gardens, under shrubs or massed under trees. Spectacular in large sweeping drifts.
- Deer and rabbit resistant
- Mixes beautifully with other spring flowering bulbs. Plant in groups of 15 bulbs (at least) to achieve a nice effect.