Noted for its vigor, heat, drought and mildew tolerance, Verbena 'Lanai Twister Pink' is a mounding trailing Verbena with profuse clusters of hot pink flowers splashed with white. Blooming continuously from summer to frost, the blossoms are so profuse that they literally smother the foliage of ferny, toothed, deep green leaves, creating a terrific floral display. Perfect for the front of the border or as spillers in combination planters, this compact Verbena enjoys a strong garden performance. Attractive to butterflies, the flowers are ignored by hungry deer.
- Grows up to 4-10 in. tall (10-25 cm) and spreading up to 12-18 in. wide (30-54 cm).
- This verbena is a tender perennial that is hardy to zone 9 but may be grown as an annual in cooler climates.
- Thrives in full sun or part shade, in average, well-drained soils. Tolerates dry soils and lower fertility. Normally either an application of slow release fertilizer or amending with compost is enough to keep the plant happy.
- Perfectly suited for use as ground covers, edging plants, containers and hanging baskets, from which their flower-laden stems cascade spectacularly.
- While naturally well branched, trimming this plant back will encourage additional branching, fuller plants, and ultimately more flowers.