Winner of the Award of Garden Merit from the Royal Horticultural Society, Verbena bonariensis is a tall and slender-stemmed perennial that displays rich lilac flowers in tight clusters atop long stems that sway gracefully in the summer breeze. They rise well above rosettes of lance-shaped, dark green leaves that hug the ground. A superior nectar plant, hummingbirds and butterflies love it, and so will you!
- Blooming for weeks from early summer until frost, this tender perennial is hardy in zones 7-11 and can be grown as an annual in cooler areas.
- Fast grower to 3-6 ft high (90-180 cm) and 1-3 ft. wide (30-90 cm)
- Its airy, see-through habits promote its planting anywhere in the mixed borders.
- It grows best in full sun or light shade in average, moist and well-drained soils. Drought, deer and rabbit tolerant !
- Great in mass plantings, beds, borders or as cut flowers.