Geum 'Double Bloody Mary' is a clump-forming, herbaceous perennial with medium-sized, double, blood-red flowers from late spring to late summer. The eye-catching blossoms rise on leafy branching stems, well above the lush foliage mound of coarse green leaves. Vigorous and disease resistant, Double Bloody Mary belongs to the Cocktail Series.
- Grows up to 24 in. high (60 cm) and 12-18 in. wide (30-45 cm).
- Enjoys full sun to part shade in average, medium moisture, well-drained soils. Moist, fertile soils are preferred. Needs afternoon shade in hot, humid climates.
- Excellent in perennial borders, butterfly gardens, rock gardens or cottage gardens. Well suited to containers too! Very useful and adaptable in the garden, it is easy to grow.
- Deer and rabbit resistant, it is a real magnet for butterflies, hummingbirds and bees!
- No serious pest or disease problems. May occasionally be attacked by sawfly larvae
- Remove spent flower stems to promote further blooms and cut back after flowering is over.
- Propagate by seed in pots in a cold frame in winter or propagate by division in spring or fall