Vigorous and charming, Anemone x hybrida 'Rosenschale' produces masses of large, semi-double, shell pink flowers with 6-9 petals, deeper pink on the backside, and yellow center stamens. The flowers are gracefully carried on wiry stems above the deeply divided, dark green foliage, dancing and swaying in the breeze.
- One of the longest-blooming perennials in the garden, it provides weeks of color, from late summer through fall, when many other perennials are starting to fade.
- This Japanese Anemone typically grows up to 24 in. tall (60 cm) and spreads via rhizomes to 24 in. (60 cm).
- Mixes beautifully with ornamental grasses or any other perennial plants. Well suited for borders, cottage gardens, coastal gardens or naturalistic areas such as prairies or meadows.
- Very attractive as cut flowers, it enjoys a good resistance to most insects and diseases. Attracts butterflies but is deer and rabbit resistant!
- A full sun or part sun lover, it enjoys rich, humusy, evenly moist, well-drained soils. Do not let the soil dry out! Provide some wind protection. Add winter mulch in cool winter areas. This plant will happily naturalize to form colonies!
- Salt tolerant
- Eating may cause stomach upset and skin contact may cause mild irritation.
Native to China, Anemones have been cultivated in Japan for hundreds of years. Growing to 4 feet (120 cm), they produce single, semi-double or double blooms in shades of pink and white on slender, graceful stems in mid-late summer and early fall. Though they may appear delicate, these long-lived perennials can survive with minimal maintenance once they are established. Deer resistant, they are a popular choice for borders or as specimens in home gardens.