Anemone coronaria 'Mr Fokker' features vivid, velvety, purple-blue, poppy-like flowers adorned with a dark button center. Blooming in mid to late spring, they usually last up to 4 weeks. Borne atop sturdy stems above clumps of finely divided, ferny leaves, they attract butterflies and make wonderful cut flowers. Ridiculously easy to grow, they thrive in the sunny garden where their broad, bright faces are highly appealing.
- Growing up to 10-16 in. (25-40 cm), this Anemone de Caen looks quite dramatic in the garden or in a vase.
- A full sun lover, this anemone is easily grown in sandy, medium moisture, well-drained soils. Light shade is appreciated in hot areas.
- Perfect for beds and borders, rock gardens or containers. This is an absolute must for the cutting garden.
- Since frost sensitive, it is generally planted in spring in cold climates (after the threat of frost is past) or in fall - late winter in mild climates. It can also be planted at intervals to provide a long season of color: plant them in mid spring for early summer blooms, in early summer for early fall blooms or in fall (mild areas) for late winter and early spring blooms.
- The small corms of Anemone coronaria need to be soaked for several hours before planting.
- Deer and critter resistant.
- Eating may cause mild stomach upset, and skin contact may cause irritation.