Popular wedding flower, Anemone coronaria 'The Bride' features masses of single pure white poppy-like flowers with a green button center that thrive in the garden where their broad, bright faces are highly appealing.
- Borne on 10 to 16-inch stems (25-40 cm), 'Bride' looks quite dramatic, whether in the garden or in a vase where it enjoys a 2-week life.
- Big-flowered Anemone coronaria is a late spring and early summer bloomer that is frost sensitive and generally planted in spring in cold climates (after the threat of frost is past) or in fall - late winter in mild climates.
- Flowers quickly and bring bright color to the garden.
- Full sun lover, this anemone is easily grown in the summer garden where it is perfect for beds, borders and containers and is an absolute must for the cutting garden!
- The small corms of Anemone coronaria need to be soaked for several hours before planting. They will grow in any type of soil which is well-drained and don’t like to be planted in a soggy spot.
- Eating may cause mild stomach upset, and skin contact may cause irritation.