Resembling a rose, Echeveria 'Afterglow' is an incredibly pretty evergreen succulent with large rosettes (12 in. or 30cm) of fleshy, powdery lavender-pink leaves adorned with delicate bright pink edges. Born on a short, stout stem, this Echeveria displays orange-red flowers in summer, emerging either from below the foliage or as a terminal flower stem. They are often removed by gardeners as they detract from the lovely foliage and abort further growth. Vigorous, 'Afterglow' is highly valued for its amazing color and beauty.
- Grows up to 1-2 ft. tall and wide (30-60 cm).
- Easily grown in sandy, dry to medium moisture, well-drained soils in sun or partial shade. Best color is obtained in full sun. Thrives in heat and tolerates drought when established. Water occasionally.
- Excellent for rock gardens, succulent gardens or Mediterranean gardens. Perfect for containers where spectacular floral arrangements can be created.
- Deer resistant
- Virtually disease free. Watch for mealybugs, vine weevil and aphids
- Propagate by stem or leaf cuttings in spring or early summer. Separate offsets in spring
- Mostly native to Texas, Mexico, central and south America